“As previously reported, the 2010 Much-More UK GP meetings have been linked together to form a series of events taking in Scotland, Northern Ireland and England with the overall winner being crowned with the Much-More UK Cup. The first round took place last weekend at the Stonehaven circuit in Scotland with racers competing in Pro Stock on Saturday and Open Modified on Sunday. Superb weather and a dry track on Saturday saw three of the drivers equal on points after the two leg finals, so it was down to qualifying positions to split the close result. Associated driver Tom Jefferies pole position gave him 1st place overall with Dan Rowlands and his Top Photon in 2nd place and Keiran Smart in 3rd place. Qualifying for Sunday’s Open Modified class went on despite the rain for most of the morning, until the blue sky and sunshine appeared before the second leg of the finals. Once again, Tom Jefferies claimed 1st place ahead of team mate Cameron MacDonald in 2nd and Dan Rowlands in 3rd place. Round 2 of the GP series takes place in Northern Ireland at the Ballymoney track on 9th-11th July then it’s over to Carlisle for the final English round on 13th-15th August.” Read more…
“To satisfy the demands of serious racers Team Shepherd introduces aluminium light-weight wheel-axles for the Velox V10. The roating mass could be reduced by more than 60% and improves the acceleration significantly. Addtionally also the handling of the car improves as the undamped mass is reduced, too. The CNC-machined wheel axles are made of special aircraft aluminium which offers optimum strenght and durability. A special hard coating prevents the axles from excessive wear and an extra hole for the CVD pin simply doubles the lifetime.” Shepherd
We have received the following information regarding the all new Hobao GPX4 Pro “Evo” 1/10 Scale which has been designed by the German company, SRCP-Modellsport. We understand that the radio plate, tank and the servo positions have all been modified to improve the cars top speed. Further information can be found here while images can be found here.
- Centax Adjustable Clutch System
- Shoe 2-Speed Gearbox
- Blade Front Anti-Roll Bar
- Rear Anti-Roll Bar
- Carbon Fibre RadioTray
- Carbon Fibre Shock Towers Front and Rear
- Front One-Way
- Geared Rear Diff
- Front and Rear CVD Driveshafts
- Devil (by GRP) Mounted Foam Tyres and Wheels
- Threaded Aluminium Shocks
Hyper Trucks at the Challenge, sponsored by Yokohama & Bob Jane T Marts Casuarina and OCR Pitshop.
Friday Night – a minimum 3 x 5 minute heats.
Saturday Night – a minimum 3 x 5 minute heats.
All rounds count, points system as per Nitro Buggy.
Entry fees are:
Free if you have entered Buggy.
$50.00 if you entering Truck only.
Find Out More…
“Xray has released the following molded composite steering ball-joint for T2 family of cars and T3. Fits 5mm pivot ball or ball stud. Set of 4. The closed ball joint prevents dust from getting onto the ball end and the incorporated hole allows for easy assembly and disassembly. Allows easy movement of the upper camber links. These ball joints must be used with ball ends #302653, #302654 or #302655, which are available in three lengths for front and rear suspension.
- Molded composite steering ball-joint
- For T2/T3 family of cars
- Fits 5mm pivot ball or ball stud
- Prevents dust fouling of ball end
- Easy assembly/disassembly
- Easy movement of upper camber links
- Use with ball ends #302653, #302654 or #302655, available in three lengths”
“The Venom SCX was designed for the popular 2WD short course racing class modeled after the full-scale LOORRS (Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series) racing trucks. Designed from the ground up, the SCX represents the latest in race truck design plus a new feature unique to the Venom SCX…MORdrive system. Now you can adjust the center of gravity on the fly in the pits by changing the rear transmission position from mid-motor to rear motor. MORdrive system allows you to fine tune the weight balance and tailor the SCX to the track conditions to take the competition by surprise!
- 1/10th Scale ROAR legal 2WD Drive Short Course racing truck.
- VCD Precision Universal Drives
- MorDrive motor/transmission system – Builder Option, parts included for both
- Battery compartment accommodates 6, 7, and 8 cell NiMH packs and 2-3 cell LiPO packs
- Racing suspension with fully adjustable geometry
- Externally adjustable slipper clutch
- Tough four gear planetary bevel gear differential
- Scale tube bumpers and side nerf bars take abuse and protect the vehicle from damage and tangling with other trucks.
- Threaded composite shocks
- Sealed radio box keeps your electronics dry and clean
- Adjustable steering servo saver
- 3pc Beadlox Wheel System with Griplox Inserts
Find Out More…