Schumacher Racing have introduced the all new Atom 2 GT12 chassis kit. The Atom 2 features an all new steel chassis providing a fantastically low centre of gravity, excellent for maximum cornering speeds. The all new slide pivot system is a low friction, bind free design that maximises rear traction. While still offering an easier build and low maintenance. With a host of other refinements from the British Championship winning Atom, the Atom 2 is the ‘go to’ car for GT12 racing. Two versions are available:
- The carbon fibre version includes all chassis components in lightweight carbon fibre, excepting the chassis in steel.
- The steel chassis S2 version includes all chassis components in more durable and cost effective S2 material developed by Schumacher.
- New: Steel chassis providing both an ultra-low Centre of Gravity and ideal flexibility for maximum drivability and cornering agility.
- New:Centre pivot design. Much easier build and maintenance, with a new bind free design.
- New:Adjustable LiPo position for weight distribution tuning. (4 equally spaced options)
- New:Slotted floating servo mount, for easier servo fitment and improved flex.
- New:Easy body shell height adjustment.
- New:Easy front ride height adjustment.
- New: Tweak free and easy LiPo mounting using O-ring fixing.
- New:Lightweight pod assembly for smoother, more predictable drivability and bump handling.
- New:Lightweight Low Centre of Gravity CNC Alloy Motor Mounts
- New:Rear ride height adjusters, easier adjustment and 0.25mm height increments.
- New:Side link design giving easier build process and maintenance. New longer design to reduce length change in roll.
- New:Hub carrier design with improved geometry giving faster cornering with no compromise to drivability.
- New:Ceramic coated kingpins with new layout for silky smooth suspension action.
- New:Optional, much simplified front Camber and Caster adjustment.
- New:Lightweight front foam bumper supporting wider and modern range of bodies.
- New: 64T 48dp Kimbrough high efficiency spur as standard (options available)
- New:Range Of optional colour coded front springs.
- New:Steering lock stops to accurately control the inside wheel lock.
- New:Revised Body Mounting position for Improved Handling and body shell support.
- New:Thread insert design making work on the car much quicker and simpler.
Both versions are available for pre–order now, the kits to be available end of September.
Source: Schumacher Racing