Based on the ultra-successful X12 platform, XRAY have introduced the 2018-spec X12 which incorporates the latest improvements and refinements gathered by the team and race-proven in high-competition races around the world.
The X12 was split into two different platforms, each optimized for specific, different track conditions out of the box with no extras needed. Whether at medium-traction tracks typical of Europe, or super-high tracks typical of US permanent tracks, there is an X12 edition to choose from: the US or the EU Edition, both built on the same core platform with compatibility and interchangeable parts.
The EU Edition is suitable for low, medium, and high-traction conditions, while the US Edition is designed & suitable for high- and super-high traction conditions.
Eric Anderson has been the main driving force behind designing, testing, and adopting the X12 platform to the very-high traction tracks in USA. His hard work and dedication paid off when he won the 2017 US Championship with an early prototype of the X12 US Edition, which is now in its final production design.
“During testing for the X12 we tested many different front end configurations including lower arms, stand-offs, caster block mounts, and other items. All of these tests were performed on super-high grip CRC FT2 carpet. The first test was for a new lower arm that could be made lighter, stiffer, and which could remove any slop in the lower pivot ball. There were numerous shapes and designs tested along with different pivot ball heights for roll center. Once we finally decided on a lower arm made of carbon fibre, we started testing different caster block heights and standoff heights for roll centers and upper arm angles.
For the chassis we decided to include the alloy chassis which has been found to be more consistent and produce faster lap times on high-grip black carpet. We also shortened the front overhang of the chassis and included an all-new graphite bumper for the body mounts so it allows the racer to run the chassis at a lower ride height without the front of the chassis touching the carpet. This helped improve corner speed drastically, and also reduces the chance of traction rolling with the lower ride height.
After many days of testing under controlled conditions and evaluating lap times, consistency, and overall runs, we came up with the best possible X12 edition for CRC FT2 carpet used in the USA. This is easily the best 12th scale car I have ever had the pleasure of driving in my racing career. Our goal was to create the ultimate car ready for the black carpet in the US, and we have that in the X12 US Edition.” Eric Anderson, X12 US Edition designer.
XRAY X12 is currently the best-performing and most winning 1/12 pan-car in Europe. Alexander Hagberg continues his winning streak with back-to-back European Championship in the Modified class making it 4 in a row: 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2017. XRAY factory team driver Hupo Hönigl brings back-to-back European Champion titles in Stock class – 2016 and 2017.
- All-new X12 Uni-platform™ design with fully interchangeable parts
- All-new EU and US Edition both designed & optimized for particular traction conditions
- All-new EU Edition is optimized for low-, medium-, and high-traction conditions
- All-new US Edition is optimized for high- and very-high traction conditions
- All-new chassis concept features a split design of a 14mm shorter chassis + elevated bumper holder to eliminate chassis touching the track surface, minimizing front scrub allowing for increased steering and more consistent handling
- All-new 2.5mm graphite chassis for EU Edition
- All-new 2.0mm Swiss 7075 T6 aluminum chassis & rear pod for US Edition
- Front suspension concept has optimized specs for EU Edition and US Edition
- All-new stiffer front graphite suspension for US Edition gives increased cornering speed
- All-new innovative wheelbase adjustment
- All-new front graphite bumper holder
- Foam bumper improves the durability of the car and protects the front in hard collisions
- All-new lower servo mounts with variable mounting depending on battery orientation
- All-new adjustable-position battery backstops
- All-new frontward/rearward shock position adjustment for more set-up options
- All-new track-width adjustment inserts for US Edition
- All-new tweak-free lower pivot brace
- All-new lightweight graphite rear axle to significantly reduce the rotating mass and improve steering