The first round of the SIS Challenge was held at SIS circuit in Jakarta, Indonesia. In the Modified class Bowie Ginting took the TQ by wining the Q2 and Q3 while Q1 belong to Muhammad Izzah, which spot him 2nd on the grid for A main.
The first final was horrible for both Bowie and Izzah as they had to stop prematurely due to diff problem, promoted Peter Anthonijsz from 7th on the grid to 1st, several decimal over Christian and Denny Pangestu.
In the 2nd final Bowie and Izzah opened a gap on the field and on chase for the lead, until Izzah made a mistake in the half of the race. Bowie also made an error on last lap which promoted Christian for A2 win followed by Izzah and Bowie.
In the 3rd final again, Bowie and Izzah opened a gap on the field, with Ronny Suwarto climbed up from 4th to the chase for the win. Izzah made a slight mistake again, Ronny also had to stop due to motor failure. Bowie took A3 followed by Christian and Peter.
At the end, Christian took the overall win followed by Bowie in second and Peter in third.
In the Open Mini class youngster’ Ridhwan Suteja took a comfortable win over Christian and Haryo in second and third respectively.
Modified result (Top 10 :
- Christian Mamesah (Serpent/Orca)
- Bowie Ginting (Serpent/Hobbywing) (TQ)
- Peter Anthonijsz (Awesomatix/Hobbywing)
- Muhammad Izzah (Xray/Reedy)
- Haryo (VBC Racing/Hobbywing)
- Denny Pangestu (Xray/Reedy)
- Ronny Suwarto (Xray/Orca)
- Chandra Yosef (Awesomatix/Hobbywing)
- Nico Gani (Yokomo/Hobbywing)
- Yusuf Zulkarnain (Xray/Orca)
Open Mini Chassis:
- Ridhwan Suteja (TOP)
- Christian Mamesah (Tamiya)
- Haryo (Tamiya)