The second round of the British Championship 1/8th Gas & Electric was held at the superfast Halifax track. The weather was dry and sunny for both Saturday Practice and the race on Sunday. Most of the drivers that had entered the race was at the track to practice most of Saturday. The entry was 36 Gas/Nitro cars and 21 Electric cars.
By the end of the practice Mark Green was the quickest in nitro and Alex Thurston in Electric, both with Serpent’s cars and the new 5 Spoke Contact tyres. Sunday ‘Race Day’ the sun was shinning again and after 4 rounds of qualifying Mark and Alex took the overall TQ in both classes.
Final results from the A Finals are below:
- Mark Green Serpent-XRD-Contact
- Andrew Hastings Shepard-OS-Matrix
- Richard Hicklin Serpent-OS-Contact
- Tim Wood Serpent=XRD-Contact
- John Carr Serpent-OS-Contact
- Alex Thurston Serpent-Hobbywing-Arrowmax-Contact
- Adam Catchpole ARC
- Joe Hawnt Serpent-Hobbywing-Contact
- Pete Hastings Shepard-Matrix
- Dave Sedgewick Serpent-Hobbywing-Contact
- Jamie Paton Serpent-Hobbywing-Contact
- Lee Chapman Serpent-Contact
The next meeting will be held at ADUR near Brighton on 13-14th May.