Xray have introduced the new XRAY NT1’17 1/10 200mm nitro on-road kit.
The NT1 is synonymous with the absolute perfection that is XRAY: a platform that has been capturing trophies at tracks all around the world, and also capturing the hearts and minds of customers who demand nothing less than excellence.
“Since the first release of the NT1 back in 2007, it has enjoyed some of the greatest successes around the world, and been one of the most popular nitro touring cars around. The success of the NT1 has been the result of ongoing development and improvement based on feedback from Team XRAY and customers worldwide. I am very proud to present to you the latest evolution and best-ever performing nitro touring car…the new NT1.” Martin Hudy, XRAY NT1 Designer
Winner of multiple “Car of the Year” awards and dominating winner of all major titles – including World Champion, European Champion, USA Champion, Asian Champion and dozens of National champion titles all around the world – the NT1 continues to prove its unbeatable racing pedigree.
Passion & Heritage.
“Smooth flowing lines, distinctive design touches, a sculpted lightweight platform – the NT1 is an expression of power, dramatic styling, superior technology, pure luxury and performance. The ultimate expression of racing passion. The art of performance. NT1.” Martin Hudy, XRAY NT1 Platform Designer
Prestige. Elegance. Luxury.
With XRAY’s uncompromising design philosophy bringing everything together to make the best nitro touring car, the NT1 has the unique XRAY character, born of precision craftsmanship, highest attention to detail, and using only the finest quality materials. For drivers with an irrepressible drive to win, the NT1 is the answer.
Since the release of the first XRAY NT1 nitro touring car, XRAY has been a driving force in the 1/10 nitro touring car racing scene. Continuous development and evolution of the XRAY product line has lead to ever-increasing performance.
All of the refinements from the last year – based on our own experiences and feedback from drivers all around the world – were incorporated into the new NT1. New ideas and prototypes were long-term tested by the factory team worldwide to ensure that improvements would work well in all track conditions and tracks in Europe, America, and Asia.
With countless wins in multiple classes at the local, regional, national and international levels, XRAY has become the standard by which touring cars are measured today. The craftsmanship, durability and performance of XRAY kits have become legendary.
Made in Europe.
Designed, developed, and fully manufactured in-house at the XRAY factory in Slovakia, Europe, using the most high-tech German & Swiss machines and premium European materials, crafted with XRAY’s legendary attention to detail by our artistic production specialists. The NT1 is truly a masterpiece.
At the heart of XRAY’s philosophy it is a firm commitment to perfection when it comes to engineering, design, performance and support, all made possible by state-of-the-art in house manufacturing.
2017 All-new Features.
- All-new chassis features stiffer area under rear suspension for increased stability, larger openings under front suspension for increased forward traction. An additional opening (matching the
- flywheel opening) has been added to the other side of the chassis for equal side flex.
- All-new redesigned aluminum rear bulkheads for improved flex characteristics of the rear suspension.
- All-new redesigned aluminum rear upper clamps work with new rear bulkheads and offer increased durability.
- All-new redesigned aluminum rear – front 1-piece suspension holder allows mounting of the rear bulkheads into the holder for improved flex of the rear suspension. The holder is now inserted into the chassis for better centering.
- All-new redesigned aluminum rear 2-speed shaft bulkheads lower the rear 2-speed shaft to decrease the CG of the rotating parts.
- All-new graphite reinforcement plate connects the rear 2-speed shaft bulkheads for improved stability.
- All-new thicker graphite rear shock tower improves high-speed steering. Body posts are mounted on the shock tower wider for increased stability.
- All-new thicker graphite roll-center bridge removes unwanted flex of the rear suspension and improved cornering speed.
- All-new updated aluminum upper arm holders offer improved flex of the front suspension and forward traction.
- All-new softer upper suspension arms offer improved in-corner steering and increased forward traction.
- Upgraded steel pivot balls allow increased steering angle for better cornering speed and out-of-corner steering.
- All-new redesigned aluminum radio plate mounts are now mounted to the chassis equidistant from the the chassis centerline, and inline for more equal chassis flex characteristics.
- All-new relocated side-belt tensioner mounts directly to the aluminum radio plate holder to reduce wear.
- All-new redesigned graphite radio plate offers improved in-corner steering, improved front suspension flex, and improved forward traction.
- All-new graphite rear stiffener works with the new repositioned aluminum radio plate mounts to increase stability. Replaces the previous link.
- All-new redesigned engine mounts offer improved and more equal chassis flex under the engine area.
- All-new brake pad material for smoother, more consistent braking and better braking feeling.
- All-new redesigned rear lower pivot pins work with adjustable rear wheelbase.
- All-new adjustable rear wheelbase allows 2mm rearward relocation of the rear arms for improved traction.
- All-new 2.0mm softer front anti-roll bar wire is included in the kit for improved in-corner steering.
- Improved flex of the front & rear suspensions.
Check out the detailed & beautiful presentation of the new XRAY NT1’17 here.