Round 2 of the popular Essex Winter Series took place this past weekend in the UK. With a packed entry of over 100 drivers, it was set to be a great day of racing. The XRAY team were in attendance and hoping for good results, at what most people consider to be the biggest indoor race series in the UK.
In the 13.5 Stock class, Team XRAY’s Zak Finlay took his XRAY T4 to the TQ spot by topping the time sheet in all four rounds of qualification. Tony Broad would line up 2nd on the grid also running XRAY, with Jimmy Maddison’s XRAY lining up 3rd. The XRAY T4 would prove to be the class of the field in the stock class with 7 out of the 10 cars in the A-Main being XRAY.
In the final, Zak was able to pull an early lead to the rest of the field and comfortably maintained this gap to take a clean sweep of every round and the overall victory on the day.
A race long battle between Tony and Jimmy would see the pair finish as they started with Tony taking 2nd place and Jimmy finishing 3rd.
Super Stock final results:
- Zak Finlay – XRAY – 19/309.95
- Tony Broad – XRAY – 19/312.90
- Jimmy Maddison – XRAY – 19/314.07
- Richard King – Awesomatix – 18/305.94
- Tim Hancock – XRAY – 18/306.47
- Marcus Askell – XRAY – 18/306.66
- Ricky Copsey – XRAY – 18/307.81
- Chris Page – XRAY – 18/311.68
- Ashley Wiffen – Schumacher – 17/300.68
- Glenn Westwood – Schumacher – DNF
In the modified division, Team XRAY’s Alexander Hagberg and Olly Jefferies, put in strong performances in an extremely competitive field to both finish comfortably in the A-Main.
Modified final results:
- Elliott Harper – Schumacher/LRP – 19/300.91
- Andy Moore – Infinity/Xray/LRP – 19/302.75
- Kyle Branson – Infinity/Xray/LRP – 19/303.41
- Alexander Hagberg – Xray/ORCA – 19/304.48
- Alan Bickerstaff – Associated/Reedy – 19/306.31
- Chris Grainger – Associated/Reedy – 19/308.22
- Olly Jefferies – Xray/LRP – 19/308.66
- Matthew White – Associated/Reedy – 19/308.67
- Harley Eldridge – Yokomo/LRP – 19/311.32
- Paul Pinkney – Schumacher/Hobbywing – 19/311.45
Photo credits Adrian Jefferies & www.ewsevents.co.uk