Serpent have released the Viper 977 EVO-2, the latest version of the popular Serpent 1/8 scale onroad gas car.
Serpent has been developing 1/8 scale onroad cars since 1977, officially as company since roughly 1980. That is over 35 years of race and development experience combined!
The Serpent Viper-EVO-2 is the next step in the continuous development of this very demanding 1/8 scale racing class, the pinnacle of rc car racing. The Viper 977-EVO-2 is all about refinement, to make a superb car even better.
Key new features:
- New rear end geometry creating more steering and overall grip, lower pivot pins are closer together, creating a longer link between pivot and up-right.
- New big bore shocks as in use on the 411 4.0 and 748-Wc as well. The short shocks feature machined pistons, a new seal package combined with machined spacers and coated aluminum parts and hardened steel shock shafts. Rear ones have longer shafts.
Other main specs:
- 4wd belt-driven race car
- 2-speed Xli gearbox and Centax race clutch; both finepitch gears
- Independent suspension with hydraulic shocks
- Front shaft with oneways and rear solid axle
- Aluminium chassisplate in 7075 T6 with optimised flex and weights slide system
- 2.5mm carbon radioplate with flex system
- Aluminium bearingblocks front and rear
- Central rear axle brake
- Front cvd , rear dogbone drive, both with quick change wheel system/axles
- Ball raced front and rear anti-roll bars
- Aluminium mid-flex system with bearings
- Front bumper with inserts
- Serpent spring steel axles and driveshafts
- Design by Michael Salven
The Serpent Viper 977 in the black 35th Anniversary Edition remains in the program until end of stock.