The RS4 Sport 3 is the all-new touring car chassis from HPI Racing, and now it features the brand new Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5! In development and refined for over a year, the HPI RS4 Sport 3 chassis features a completely sealed and highly efficient shaft drivetrain, coilover shock absorbers plus waterproof electronics. The fully contained drivetrain means there are no exposed gears, belts or drivetrain parts to get stuck with rocks or dirt. Finally, the RS4 Sport 3 is finished with realistic tires plus a licensed replica body and wheels for an authentic look that will grab the attention of all RC and motorsport enthusiasts!
The latest RS4 Sport 3 features the latest Ford Mustang styling, tuned by drift champion Vaughn Gittin Jr. to become the Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5. The car is also fitted with replica green RTR by HRE Tech 7 wheels wrapped with great-looking tires, so it’s ready to hit the streets right out of the box!
The HPI Firebolt 15-turn motor powers the RS4 Sport 3, and it’s controlled by a waterproof HPI speed controller for reliable and trustworthy operation. An enclosed box houses the 2.4GHz radio receiver, ensuring that you have constant control through the HPI pistol-grip steering wheel transmitter.
The drivetrain of all the RS4 Sport 3 models features the motor mounted longitudinally in the molded chassis, next to the long driveshaft that goes down the center of the car. Bevel gear diffs at each end of the car transfer power from the driveshaft to the dogbones and axles that drive each wheel. The entire drivetrain, including the pinion and spur gears, central driveshaft and gear diffs, is completely sealed to prevent dirt, rocks and debris from damaging or binding the drivetrain.
On the opposite side of the chassis to the motor, speed controller and servo, the battery box is large enough to fit any standard battery size, even NiMH 7-cell batteries, held in place by a large hook-and-loop strap. The battery box is also adjustable, so you can decide if you want more traction and move the battery towards the rear of the car, or more steering by moving the battery towards the front.
The suspension of the RS4 Sport 3 uses the race-proven double-wishbone suspension design that real racing cars use, so not only does it look realistic and cool, it’s also instantly familiar for racers to get used to. To control the bumps and gradients that the car will drive over, the RS4 Sport 3 is fitted with composite coilover-style oil-filled shock absorbers, just like what you’d see on a real sports car. Tuning the suspension is made possible with alternate shock mounting locations, and many options such as springs, aluminum shocks and carbon fiber shock towers will be available for anyone wanting to make this into a formidable club racer.
The RS4 Sport 3 is the latest HPI touring car to take on the challenge of continuing the venerable RS4 Sport name!
- All-new RS4 Sport 3 design
- Factory-assembled Ready-To-Run
- Fully enclosed 4WD shaft drive
- HPI Firebolt 15-turn motor installed
- Encased pinion & spur gear
- Sealed metal gear diffs capable of handling brushless power
- HPI 2.4GHz radio system with pistol-grip radio
- Waterproof SC-3SWP2 speed controller
- Battery box fits standard LiPo batteries & up to 7-cell NiMH
- Battery position is adjustable for extra traction or increased steering
- Thick hook-and-loop strap holds battery in place
- Enclosed receiver case protects from the elements
- Double-wishbone suspension design
- Composite oil-filled threaded shock absorbers
- Complete set of ball bearings
- Officially licensed, prepainted & detailed replica Ford Mustang RTR Spec 5
- Licensed replica green RTR by HRE Tech 7 wheels
- Option parts available include: carbon fiber shock towers, universal dogbones, aluminum shocks and more