The 1/8 scale 4wd gas powered racing class is seen as the Formula One of R/C car racing. Amazing acceleration and top-speed, brutal braking power, screaming 3.5cc nitro powered engines, four wheel-drive, 2-speed gearbox, Centax race clutch… the works. Over 10 different brands compete in this market, and Serpent is one of the most experienced of all, being around since 1979. Many World titles, Asian, European and American titles as well as national ones have been achieved by drivers using Serpent 1/8 scale racing cars.
Each racing season brings new challenges and new idea’s to make the cars user friendlier, easier to setup, and ofcourse faster and easier to go fast with. Michael Salven, Serpent’s chief onroad designer, collects the info from the market, races, and fellow team drivers, analyzes all and has once again came upwith a good number of new parts and improved parts to make the current WC TQ and winning Viper 977 even better.
Key new features
- 2-speed gearbox SL8 XLi with superlow inertia
- Composite 2-speed gears with 0.9 pitch
- Centax hardcoated alu clutch gears with 0.9 pitch
- Aluminium chassisplate in 7075 T6 with optimised flex and weights slide
- Carbon fibre 2.5mm radioplate with aluminium mid-flex system
- Aluminium central flex system with bearings
- Front bumper with inserts
- New geometry with narrower front end
- Improved rear bodymount