The 1/18 scale range of iON vehicles from Maverick has been expanded with two brand new models that take the iON line to SIX total models! Now ready to order and available in July are the new iON RX rallycross car and iON DT desert truck! The two new vehicles join the already available iON XB buggy, iON XT truck, iON MT monster truck and iON SC short course truck, which have also been updated with new paint designs, wheels, electronics and more!
The new iON RX and iON DT kits share the same spare parts list as the existing models for easy parts availability and low stock counts, plus the entire Maverick iON range has been updated with new-spec electronics! The Maverick iON kits lead the way with fantastic brand new top-spec features: a Maverick Element 1200mAh Ni-MH battery, MTX-248 2.GHz radio and a 2-in-1 waterproof MSRS-248 receiver/speed controller.
The motor fitted in each Maverick iON is the same reliable MM-28 370-size motor as before, and the 4WD drivetrain uses efficient ball bearings throughout to give drivers maximum runtime and efficiency, and features a molded gear cover to keep dirt and debris away from the gears. Front and rear gear differentials easily transfer the motor’s power to durable driveshafts and finally to the grippy rubber wheels at all four corners.
Also new for all the Maverick iON vehicles is a complete set of gold-colored shock caps for the oil-filled shock absorbers. These add an extra bit of color and style to the chassis, just to make it look that much cooler! The suspension also features dual-wishbone independent suspension front and rear, with reliable C-hub style front hubs and extra-strong single-piece rear hubs. The strong MS-28 servo controls the steering through a dual-point steering system that features an integrated servo saver to protect the servo against crash damage.
Finishing off every Maverick iON car or truck is a fully detailed, completely painted and stickered body with an all-new design that not only looks amazing, it provides additional protection for the chassis components. The iON DT features a fully enclosed roll cage with cool integrated body panels painted in the distinctive Maverick iON colors, and the iON RX is fitted with an awesome-looking hatchback style rallycross car complete with a racing wing!
The Maverick iON range: ready to rock your world!
- Fully assembled 1/18th scale 4WD vehicles complete with radio, battery and charger
- NEW iON RX rallycross car with realistic rally hatchback body and racing wing
- NEW iON DB desert buggy with full roll cage and large racing wing
- NEW for all iON kits: MSRS-248 2-in-1 Waterproof 2.4 GHz receiver/ESC
- NEW for all iON kits: Maverick Element 7.2V 1200mAh Ni-MH battery
- NEW for all iON kits: MTX-248 2.4Ghz 2Ch iON transmitter
- MM-28 370 Motor
- MS-28 steering servo
- Protective gear cover
- Molded tub chassis with optimized weight distribution
- Rebuildable oil-filled shocks with progressive springs
- Dual-point steering with integrated servo saver
- NEW for all iON kits: gold-colored shock tops
- Fully independent double A-arm wishbone suspension
- Tough C-hub front steering knuckles
- Tough, efficient 4WD drivetrain
- Front and rear gear differentials
- Fully ball bearing supported drive train
- Factory-finished, pre-painted and decaled bodyshells
- NEW for all iON kits: range of gold-anodized aluminum option parts available
Source: HPI Racing