Earlier this month we shared a first look at the new Avid aluminum T4’15 chassis. Today that chassis has been officially released. The Xray T4 ’15 Aluminum Chassis is loaded with unique features. Avid recommends using this chassis to increase performance on high to medium bite conditions. The chassis was developed in conjunction with Avid’s 1.5mm Hard TD for high bite conditions, and their 1.5mm Soft TD (Coming soon) for green layouts or dusty conditions.
“We will have limited quantities available for sale at 2015 Mile High Indoor Champs for those that don’t like qualifying behind those that purchased them early, true story. All in good fun, looking forward to another great event put on by the 5280 Raceway Crew in Denver, and proud to be the title sponsor of the event.”
- 7075-T6 (2mm) Aluminum anodized black, Avid logo laser etched, and silver edge highlights on both sides.
- Cutouts added and existing diff cutouts enlarged to reduce weight and increase flex while being thoughtful to keep enough material on the sides for your speedo to hold with servo tape.
- Battery tape on the bottom of the chassis has a cutout slot so it doesn’t interfere with ride height checks or drag on track.
- Motor pocket width is decreased and is double pocketed to keep as much strength possible.
- Motor mount flex control hole has been modified with a large bevel on top of chassis to prevent the screw head from hitting chassis.
- Pinion adjustment hole moved to better access the set screw.
- 2mm thickness allows for lower CG and ability to lower roll centers more than stock.
- Chassis shape is smoothed to keep droop screw platforms from digging into the track during hard cornering.
- Chassis narrowed to 84mm allowing the chassis to roll deeper through a corner.
- Recommend for use on high to medium bite conditions.