What started out many years ago as Mike Reedy’s vision to showcase the world’s best drivers in a format unlike any other ever used in RC racing, has grown to be one of the most anticipated and prestigious R/C races in the world. Reedy, Tamiya America, and Scotty Ernst Productions are proud to announce that the Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions will return to the Tamiya America Circuit May 21-24, 2015.
Entries open February 25th at Noon PST exclusively on www.reedyrace.com. Due to time constraints and to maintain the world-class nature of the event, total entries are capped at 160 for the Open classes. Due to high demand, a 17.5 class will also be offered this year in addition to the traditional 13.5 and Modified classes. Open class entries are limited to 160 (110 combined 13.5 and 17.5, 50 Modified) with each driver limited to one entry.
To allow everyone an opportunity to be a part of the 2015 Reedy Touring Car Race of Champions, a lottery drawing for the Open classes will be conducted on March 23rd, with those chosen securing a place in the event. Entry fees are not collected until after the lottery drawing for the selected Open class entries. One set of control tires and a souvenir t-shirt is included with each confirmed and paid entry.
Drivers that finished in the A Main in either the 13.5 or Modified classes at the 2014 Reedy International Touring Car Race of Champions will be given an automatic entry in the class of their choice. However, these drivers must sign up and pay their entry within the specified time frame.
Factory sponsored drivers (those whose travel arrangements are paid for by their sponsor and/or are paid a salary to race), or those that have finished in the A Main in the Modified class the previous year, are not eligible to compete in the 13.5 class. Drivers who are sponsored or receive discounts from chassis manufacturers, or who have finished in the A or B Main in the 13.5 or Modified class the previous year, are not eligible to compete in the 17.5 class.
Timetable for Entries:
- Wednesday, February 25 Open and Invitational entries open
- Sunday, March 22 (11:55 PM EST) Open entries close
- Monday, March 23 Open lottery drawing, winners notified
- Sunday, March 29 (11:55 PM EST) Deadline for Open and Invitational payments. ALL NOTIFIED RACERS MUST PAY THEIR ENTRY VIA PAYPAL BY THIS TIME OR NAMES WILL BE REMOVED FROM ENTRY LIST AND YOUR SPOT FORFEITED AND GIVEN TO DRIVERS ON THE WAITING LIST.
The format and schedule for the event remains similar to that of last year including all main events run over three legs:
- Thursday, May 21 Controlled Practice By Heat
- Friday, May 22 Controlled Practice By Heat, Open Qualifying, Invitational Racing
- Saturday, May 23 Open Qualifying, Invitational Racing
- Sunday, May 24 Main Events, Invitational Racing
Information and updates including rules, spec tires, hotels, and more will be posted soon at www.reedyrace.com and on Reedy’s Facebook Event page.