Yokomo has just announced their limited edition Drift Package DIB ver.2 Premium Kits, set to be released later this month. These kits are a high-end version of the popular DIB series which sports aluminum a-arms to greatly increase the flexibility of the front-end alignment, and full aluminum bulkheads which contributes to its luxurious appearance.
The aluminum a-arms, popular among expert drifters, consists of highly-rigid aluminum lower suspension arm and specialized upper bulkhead. Fore/aft direction adjust-ability of both the upper and lower sections has been improved, as well as improved flexibility in adjusting the wheelbase and caster angle (adjustable from 0 to 16.6 degrees). The lower rod end attachment has been designed so that the tread can be variably adjusted with ease to precisely position the wheel.
Furthermore, this kit comes standard with the optional Grade-up Conversion Kits 1 & 2 for DIB (Item No. IB-GC1/-GC1R and IB-GC2/-GC2R). With the two conversion kits installed, the front/rear bulkheads and center bulkhead become aluminum parts, contributing to the increased rigidity and high-end aesthetics, worthy of its “premium” name.
- Aluminum “A” arms which allow various alignment options
- Fully aluminum bulkheads
- Improved stability with in-line layout placing components to the centerline of the chassis
- 2-belt drive system which provides superior control
- Front midship motor layout
- Ackermann steering which allows full-counter drifting
- Supports 45-degree steering angle
- Double-decked chassis and damper stay made of Silver Surface Graphite (SSG)
- High-precision aluminum motor mount
- Low-friction universal shaft
- Equipped standard with aluminum oil shocks
- Full ball bearings