Serpent are looking at a July release date for the next development stage in 1/8 scale electric powered onroad design. Being the 1st a few years back to introduce the purpose designed Serpent 966-e, we are now taking another big step to introduce the Viper 977-e.
Michael Salven as designer could focus fully on the central part of the car, as the Viper 977 suspension is well proven with the TQ and Wc win.
The new design takes into account the todays battery, speedo and motor technology and makes best use of it. The 1/8 speedo, 2 x 3S batteries and a 2000 KV brushless motor as complete package make the Viper 977-e accelerate like crazy and achieve very similar or even faster laptimes than gaspowered. Run-time is already close to 5.5 minutes as well.
– Carbon fibre chassis 5mm and topdeck
– Carbon fibre battery holders / protectors
– Carbon fibre speedo plate
– 2 belt system with 5mm belts
– large pullies and ballraced belt tensioners
– Aluminium 7075 T6 motorholder and mid-shaft bracket
– 16T motorpully / 48T spur ratio
– Viper 977 front and rear suspension
We choose for the 2 x 3S batteries as those are easy to get everywhere, and enable playing with balance / weight well too.
Why run a 1/8 scale EP onroad racecar ? Well there are some reasons:
– The sheer speed and power
– No noise in tracks where this is an issue ( sometime only eveningtime )
– No mechanic / helper needed to race
– Cleaner !
– Just different , try something new
– Greener !
– Lower running cost is possible but depends on proper use of speedo and batteries
For existing Viper 977 gaspowered drivers, we may also offer a conversion kit, so at end of season they can convert their GP 977 into EP to give it a try.
Final testing is in full progress and soon production can start.