Following on from the success of the TLR 8ight 3.0 buggy, the new TLR 8ight-E 3.0 has been developed to meet the specific requirements of the electric 1/8 buggy racer and features many specific design cues that further optimise the legendary 8ight platform and hone it for the specific rigours of electric racing. The bespoke 4mm 7075-T6 hard anodised chassis has been optimised for equal lateral flex characteristics and facilitates the lowest possible mounting of the motor and cells thus lowering the overall centre of gravity to improve handling and direction change.
Motor and cell placement is the result of countless hours of testing and development, assisted with the vast repertoire of electric racing knowledge that can only a company with Team Losi Racing’s rich electric off-road heritage can provide. The outcome is simple; the 8ight-E 3.0 is easy to drive FAST – and fast is what it’s all about, from the near instant low-end pick-up to the stupefying high top speeds that today’s 4S 14.8V LiPo batteries and high torque brushless motors enable. And because it’s a TLR, you know that the 8ight-E 3.0 is built to take the rough with the smooth and can handle the abuse that modern 1/8 scale off-road racing tracks dish out.
- Improved Suspension Geometry
- Large-bore 16mm Shocks with Tapered Springs
- Aluminium Chassis Optimised for Electric Power
- Optional Parts Included
- Adjustable Aluminium Front and Rear Pivots with Inserts
- Front and Rear Centre Dogbones
- New and Improved Body and Wing
- An additional wickerbill option is available to be installed on the wing improving rear traction and stability.
- HD Lightweight Outdrives
- 8 New TLR Branded wheels are included with no tyres and inserts.
- 5mm Turnbuckles
- Improved Titanium Aluminium Carbon Nitride Shock Shaft and Hinge Pin Coating
- Metal Servo Inserts
- Improved Droop Screw System
- Updated Mud Guards and Servo Mount
- Ball Bearing Steering Ackerman Plate