It’s been awhile since racing has taken place at the Proline facility in Beaumont, CA. The event had a great attendance and may top drivers attended including Adam Drake, Cody King, Dustin Evans, Colby Poh, Drew Moller, and Matt Schreffler. The gates opened bright and early at 6:00am with an hour and a half of controlled practice for the competitors. In buggy, Cody King TQ’ed round one followed by Adam Drake. In round two Drake improved his time and took the overall TQ. In the 20 minute final Drake was able to control the race from start to finish, but there was a good battle for second and third with Evans and King. King had a problem leaving the pits and this opened the door for Colby Poh. In the end it was a TLR sweep of the podium with Drake taking the win, followed by Evans and Poh.
1/8th Pro Buggy:
- Adam Drake (TQ) – TLR 8ight 2.0 – Nova Rossi – Nitrotane – Pro-Line Holeshot 2.0
- Dustin Evans – TLR 8ight 2.0 – Orion – Nitrotane – JC
- Colby Poh – TLR 8ight 2.0 – Nova Rossi – Nitrotane – Pro-Line Tazer
- Drew Moller – Kyosho – Nova Rossi – Nitrotane – Pro-Line Blockade
- Cody King – Kyosho – Orion – Byron’s – Pro-Line Blockade
1/8th Pro Truck:
- Adam Drake – TLR 8ight T 2.0 – Nova Rossi – Nitrotane – Pro-Line Holeshot
- Cody King (TQ) – Kyosho – Orion – Byron’s – Pro-Line Holeshot
- Dustin Evans – TLR 8ight T 2.0 – Orion – Nitrotane – JC
- Drew Moller – Kyosho – Nova Rossi – Nitrotane – Pro-Line Holeshot
- Ronda Drake – TLR 8ight T 2.0 – Nova Rossi – Nitrotane – Pro-Line Holeshot
In truck, Drake TQ’ed round one and was on pace to improve his time in round two, but made a mistake and had a problem with traffic. This allowed Cody King to take the TQ and it pushed Drake back to 4th on the grid. Cody King, Dustin Evans, and Adam Drake battled early in the 20 minute final, but once Drake got in the lead he was able to pull away from King and Evans and take the victory.