Tekno RC have released details regarding their new Traktion Drive/Elektri-Clutch Kit – “The Traktion Drive is here! Our customers spoke, and we listened. Finally, a cost effective, compact and lightweight slipper system that provides instant power while protecting your drivetrain and improving traction. We took our revolutionary Electri-Clutch system and expanded it into the most flexible power delivery option available for 1/8th scale electric vehicles.
- Instant power, zero lag
- Improves traction in all conditions (indoor/outdoor)
- Allows the use of motor brakes or mechanical brakes
- Lowers temps on motor and ESC
- Protects your drivetrain under acceleration AND braking
- Allows reverse
- Adjustable (different springs provide different slip settings)
- Inexpensive (doesn’t cost as much as a whole conversion kit)
- Super long wear 7075 clutch shoes (we’re talking months and months)
- BACKWARDS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TEKNO KITS!!!
Now Tekno RC has EVERYONE covered. If you want direct drive and motor brakes – CHECK! If you want clutch and mechanical brakes – CHECK! If you want direct drive and mechanical brakes – CHECK! All this with better traction and drivetrain protection. Here’s how it works – our Elektri-Clutch system works similar to a traditional nitro clutch where the springs ‘PULL’ the shoes to the center. The Traktion Drive employs a new clutch shoe design coupled with a different spring design to ‘PUSH’ the shoes into the clutch bell. So it’s engaged at 0 RPM. This equals 0 lag. Slip amount is adjusted by the thickness of the springs. Use lighter springs (0.8mm, 0.9mm) for better traction on loose tracks. Use thicker springs (1.0mm, 1.1mm) for higher grip tracks.”