“Team Associated modeled the SC8e race truck after Curt, Kyle, and Todd LeDuc’s short-course race trucks as raced in the televised Lucas Oil Off Road Racing Series. Armed with drawings of the actual 1:1 short-course race trucks, our design team was able to reproduce the scale specs in the compact package of the SC8e. It’s all there – the scale suspension travel, roll-cage tube diameter, even the functional mud flaps mirror the real thing! The SC8e is the first 1:8 scale electric 4WD short-course race truck to include high-performance features like the Mamba Max Pro brushless electronic speed control with the Neu-Castle 2200kV brushless motor, all digitally controlled by Associated’s XP3-SS 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system. The result is the SC8e RTR, where jaw-dropping scale realism meets race-bred high performance. We didn’t stop at Rockstar looks and gnarly power.
Team Associated has proven the performance and durability of the SC8e in R/C Car Action’s 24-Hour Thrash Test, where the truck was driven over 375 miles at race speed through rugged off-road terrain for 24 consecutive hours. This would have been a brutal test for any scale off-road race truck, but the SC8e RTR endured 375 miles of dirt with the original electronics, suspension, drivetrain and body intact. With only one tire change throughout the run, this was truly an amazing accomplishment and testament to the durability of the SC8e RTR!
SC8e RTR Features:
- Authentic Rockstar/Makita replica body, wheels and tires
- Mamba Max Pro brushless speed control with Deans® Ultra Plug® battery connector
- Neu-Castle 2200kV brushless motor
- XP3-SS 2.4GHz 3-channel radio system with metal gear steering servo
- 16mm Big-Bore molded composite shocks with adjustable ride height
- Functional roll cage with integral dirt shields
- Upgraded dual bellcrank steering with reduced bumpsteer
- Black hard-anodized 3mm thick 7075 aluminum chassis
- 3mm aluminum shock towers
- Alloy steel turnbuckles
- Caster blocks adjust to 14°, 16°, or 18° with molded inserts
- Molded suspension pivot bushings for adjustable pivot height
- 4.30:1 ratio gearboxes”