“The new X – 6 Squared is here! Now available for retail sales at fine hobby stores everywhere and on 2wdrc.com. The X – 6 Squared converts a B4 to mid motor configuration for improved cornering, jumping, and quicker in the bumps. The Kit includes all the great features first seen on our X – 60 truck plus some buggy-only improvements too. Still retains the great on-track characteristics of the original X – 6. Much improved quality and fit in all parts, plus easier to assemble and work on.
Here’s a partial list of the improvements:
• NEW one-piece molded graphite chassis.
• Far better molding quality.
• Chassis made for LiPo but accepts cells.
• Distinctive NEW X Factory logo carbon fiber battery strap.
• NEW rear control arms are reversible – fit either side of car and far better molding quality.
• NEW simplified servo mounting with stock AE mounts.
• Two servo mounting positions for perfect weight placement.
• REVISED body from J Concepts for that great “Squared” look.
• Original body fits Squared car, Squared body fits original car.
• NEW rear hinge pin mounting system with brass bushings eliminates the bottom covers.
• One-piece chassis eliminates nose piece, threaded inserts, and 4 bolts. Saves weight and assembly time.
• AE servo mounting system eliminates two bolts and a part. Again, saves weight and time.
• NEW rear shock tower keeps identical suspension geometry but gives more uptravel. Tower remains extra thick 4 mm. carbon fiber.
• Rear tower now more closely follows shape of wing.
• NEW X – 6 Squared decals included in every K 019 Kit.
• NEW flatter, smoother chassis with upswept sides for better ground clearance in corners and easier jump landings.
• NEW easier access to lower motor mount screw.
The big thing you’ll notice is how easy this car is to build and absolute top quality of all the new parts. Most experienced hobbyists will go from a running B4 to a running X – 6 Squared in about two hours. – simple and easy, but So much faster.
We kept all the great handling in corners, all the jumping ability and controllability in the air, and super speed through bumps. The geometry is identical, and many parts are interchangeable. But the X – 6 Squared is so much better we had to bring it to you, and you gotta get one. Brian KInwald said it best: “The X – 6 Squared is cheating.”
[Our thanks go to XFactory for this news]